Friday, August 23, 2013

Tempeh Mushroom Stroganoff

I just finished leafing through Angeline Linardis's "V Cuisine: The Art of New Vegan Cooking" and had to try one of her more intriguing recipes, especially since I had most of the ingredients on hand. I don't usually have sherry in the house, but I do have an opened bottle of Marsala so I decided to substitute. And I'm not a huge fan of tarragon so I omitted it. Otherwise, I pretty much followed the recipe ... which is unusual for me. Instead of tofu or vegan sour cream as the sauce base, it called for pureed white beans.

The end result was a very flavorful, high-protein meal with a creaminess I did not expect.This one's a keeper! And, if you haven't done so already, I strongly recommend you add this book to your shelf.

Unfortunately, I don't have permission to publish the recipe, but here's a link to a Tempeh and Mushroom Stroganoff recipe from WholeFoods. Just imagine it with a Rich White Bean and Marsala Sauce instead of the pretend sour cream with vegan worcestershire.

No comments:

Post a Comment