Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cuban Black Beans Revisited

On the Menu Plan for today's 21 Day Vegan Kickstart is a Cuban Black Bean Soup. Fortunately, I had some cooked beans left over from the other night so I had a jump start. But en route to the soup, I decided to turn them into something crunchy. CUBAN BLACK BEAN TAQUITOSAnd they were so easy, there isn't really a recipe.


I diced a couple of small potatoes (about 1 cup) and boiled them until tender, draining the cooking water. Then I added a cup of the Cuban Black Beans, 1/4 cup of Salsa Verde and mashed everything until chunky but spreadable. I heated twelve corn tortillas on a hot griddle until softened and spread them with a couple spoonfuls of the mixture, rolled them tightly and placed them on a greased cooking pan. It only took 7-8 minutes per side in my toaster oven.

The Creamy Guacamole was just as easy. I mashed two small avocados, added 1/4 Vegannaise and 1/4 cup garden salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment