Friday, September 20, 2013

Taco Night! Ole!

Seeing a Pinterest post for Cauliflower Buffalo Wings made me realize I hadn't made tacos in a while. I've tried them the traditional way, just substituting TVP for the Ground Beef and Daiya for the Cheese and those were great while I was transitioning. But now I tend to veer away from meat substitutes, figuring if that's what I need, then maybe I'm not really ready to go vegan full-time.

BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER SOFT TACOS WITH BROCCOLI SLAW IN RANCH DRESSING


1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/4 cup hot sauce
2 Tbsp melted vegan margarine
1 tsp garlic powder
1 lb prepared broccoli slaw
1/2 cup vegannaise
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried dill weed
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
12 corn tortillas

Steam cauliflower until tender crisp. Whisk hot sauce with melted margarine and 1 tsp garlic powder then toss with cauliflower to coat evenly. Saute until lightly browned.

While cauliflower is steaming, whisk remaining seasonings into vegannaise in medium bowl. I like mine really thick so the slaw doesn't get runny, but you can thin with soymilk if you prefer. Toss with broccoli slaw and set aside.

Heat tortillas on a griddle until heated through. Top with browned cauliflower and prepared slaw.

I'd tell you this will serve 3-4 people but I'd be lying ... I can eat 6 tacos all by myself!





2 comments:

  1. This looks like vegetable-rich deliciousness! I agree that it's good to find a balance between fake meat products and more natural whole foods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I want to try buffalo cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete