Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fiesta/Siesta

For some reason, I was up at the crack of dawn today. Unfortunately, my mind tends to keep racing long after my body waves the checkered flag. So I dutifully performed my weekend chores of dusting, laundering and mopping, then turned my attention to cooking. The leftover tofu scramble sounded okay but it needed a bit of a kick. And since I had some refried beans, corn tortillas, salsa and avocados on hand, a Mexican brunch sounded like the prefect solution.

TOFU HUEVOS RANCHEROS



This dish doesn't have a recipe as much as it has assembly instructions.  My go-to for tofu scramble is on the old blog of Meet The Shannons. Just click here for the recipe.

Spread refried beans on a corn tortilla and heat in a toaster oven until the beans are warm and the tortilla starts to brown. Top with a couple spoons of tofu scramble. Drizzle with salsa and garnish with avocados. I would have also used some fresh cilantro with sliced green onions if I'd had any on hand.

This would be great for company brunch along with margaritas or sangria! But for now, I think I'll take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment