Monday, September 2, 2013

What's for Lunch - Falafel Plate

Today's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart midday meal plan calls for a hummus wrap but I couldn't leave it at that. I tend to keep cooked garbanzos, Falafel mix and Tabbouleh mix on hand so it went together pretty quickly until I realized I was out of tahini. Yikes!

I really like the added richness and slight sesame flavor so I added a splash of soy milk and toasted sesame oil instead. It didn't taste exactly as the original, but pretty darn close. And by the time I dusted it with smoked paprika and pine nuts, I really couldn't taste the difference.

I like making my falafels in small meatball sized patties so they have a crispier texture and I don't need as much oil to fry them. A scoop of hummus and a scoop of tabbouleh topped with a few patties and wrapped in a lettuce leaf were the perfect way to celebrate the end of the holiday weekend.

Happy Labor Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya! Vegan MoFo Hoppin'! Nice place you have here! May I link you and visit and comment often!? Swing by my place and let me know! GOTTA LOVE Falafel! YAY!

    ReplyDelete